Padi Open Water course
You can earn the PADI Open Water Diver certification, the most widely-recognized scuba qualification worldwide, in just four days. At the heart of a PADI course lies the need to ensure your safety and that of others with you, protection of the environment and that teaching should be fun and enjoyable.
or you can join our PADI referral Open water Diver Course
Our Referral Open Water Diver course is perfect for people who begin the scuba certification with a dive shop in their home country (cold) and want to complete the required four Open Water training dives in the warm, crystal clear waters of the Aegean Sea.
What does this qualification mean to me?
Your PADI Open Water certification allows you to dive to 18m maximum depth with a buddy of equal or greater experience, in conditions that are as good as (or better than) those in which you learned to dive.
* Contact us for pre-booking rates or special offers
Inclusive of full equipment
Local Price: 415 €*
Certification fee: 35 €
Open Water Diver manual: 45 € (mandatory)
Minimum age 10 years
Ability to swim 200m unaided and tread water to 10 minutes.
Prior experience level: None.
Throughout the course you will learn the fundamentals of scuba diving, including dive equipment and techniques. You earn this certification by completing five confined water dives and five knowledge development sessions and by making four open water dives from our boat on the beautiful crystal clear water of the Aegean Sea.
Snacks and drinks on boat trips (payable on the boat). Money for: CD for your underwater photos, T-shirts, Sweatshirts.
- For your personal safety, all student divers must complete a medical statement prior to commencing a dive. If none of the listed conditions apply, you sign the form and are ready to start. If any of them affect you, as a safety precaution, a physician must examine you and sign a medical form that confirming that you’re fit to dive, dated within the last 12 months.
- Our PADI Instructors will ask you to complete some paperwork, which includes a medical questionnaire, Liability Release, and a Safe Diving Statement. After the paperwork is complete and you have the necessary signatures, it’s time to dive!
- Spectators can join the boat with an additional fee of 20 €. They can sunbathe on our sundeck, swim in crystal clear waters, or even upgrade onboard to snorkelers or even try divers.
Children aged 10-14 years can earn the PADI Junior Open Water Diver certification. Certified Junior Open Water Divers aged 10-12 years may dive to 12m maximum depth, under the direct supervision of a PADI Divemaster, Assistant Instructor, Instructor or higher professional.
Frequently Asked Questions for O.W. Dive
- Q. How deep do you go?
A. With the necessary training and experience, the limit for recreational scuba diving is 40 meters. During the PADI Open Water Diver course scuba divers stay shallower than about 18 meters. Although these are the limits, some of the most popular diving is no deeper than 12 meters where the water’s warmer and the colors are brighter. Certified Junior Open Water Divers aged 10-12 years may dive to 12m maximum depth, under the direct supervision of a PADI Divemaster, Assistant Instructor, Instructor or higher professional.
- Q. How long will my certification last?
A. An Open Water certification is a lifetime certification. You won’t need to re-certify, however, it is recommended to keep practicing your skills and continue learning.
- Q. What is the minimum age to get certified to Open Water Diver course?
A. The minimum age is 10 years old to be certified as a Junior Open Water Diver. Junior Open Water Divers must dive with a PADI professional until age 15, then they can upgrade to an Open Water Diver status.
Open Water Diver